Ablayan Peak: Shouting My Broken Heart Out



The thought of climbing mountains and reaching great peaks always give me the kind of reassurance and confidence, that if I can reach the top, perhaps I can also achieve my desires and goals too. That if I can survive the dangerous and risky trails, perhaps I can outlive my brokenness too. 

I guess, every climber experiences the same feeling of accomplishment upon standing every mountaintop. It’s that unexplainable sense we get every time we finally reach the summit. The feeling is so overwhelming that it makes you close your eyes, feeling the air’s touch on your skin, while hearing a voice in your head saying, “You’re going to be okay”. Does this sound familiar? I. Feel. You.



Ablayan Peak never failed me. 

The moment I reached its heights, the feeling of accomplishment and relief reigned in me. The scenic view it offered, turned into God’s way of embracing my pains, healing whatever is broken. Up there I saw how mighty God is. He created such delightful and exquisite panorama, where no HD camera can justify. The valleys, the seas, the trees, the clouds – all were blending with each other in perfect harmony. 

Reaching the peak of Ablayan gave me the idea that God wants to have a conversation with me through it. He wanted me to realize that, everything I’ve been through were left down in those low lands. Whatever I lost along the journey and all the pains that exist because of my weakness, somehow loses its importance because it all remained below. God brought me to the top so I can see how small everything else was, and that includes all my sadness and discomforts.



I am made to reach the mountain heights so I can see how wide the horizon of my life is and realize that there is no corner in my heart where His love cannot penetrate. He can still reach it, no matter how vast the hole is. 

Ablayan Peak is the right place to penetrate more so you can come to your perfect senses. 




When asked, “Mj, of all the great peaks in Cebu, why Ablayan?”, I smiled and said, “Because it’s the perfect place to shout my broken heart out.”

It’s fun because we were all shouting our hearts at the peak on that very fine day. I am with happy hearts on that day, mine was the only one who got broken. And until now, I still laughed about those words that came out of our mouths. Only the mountains, me and the great friends I am with, heard what we all shouted. Insert grin emoticon.


*******************

πŸ“Ablayan Peak, Boljoon Cebu

How to get here:

🚌 Go to Cebu South Bus Terminal, ride a bus heading to Boljoon, Cebu. Bus fare is Php 130. It's quite a long ride, travel time including traffic is within 3 to 4 hours.

🏀 Arrival will be at Boljoon proper. The town locals are very friendly and approachable. They will most likely ask you where are you heading. All you need is tell them you're going to Ablayan Peak. The habal-habal drivers will take you there, safe and sound.

🚡 Habal-habal fare is Php 500.00 back and forth, including waiting time, up to 2 person only per vehicle. Travel time from the town up to the peak is within 45 min to 1 hour.

πŸ—» Ablayan Peak Finally!

πŸ’¦ You can ask the habal-habal drivers to include Dayhag Falls and Eli Rock as side trip to your adventure. But you'll be paying additional fare for that. Price range depends upon the negotiation.

Have fun and explore Boljoon now!
SAFETY FIRST. Be a responsible traveler, BAWAL MAGKALAT.

Comments