An Open Letter To That Little Old Me

Dearest Little Old Me,



Everything seems really different at this present. I bet when you look at the mirror right now, you will no longer recognize yourself. You are no longer who you were because of the decisions you made. But still, thank you for taking the risk to embrace the unknowns there is in life. As a matter of fact, it contributed a lot to who I am now.

But wait, you are still you on the inside. Relax. You are only a little bit bolder on the outside.

I wanted to apologize, for not taking good care of myself right now, far from what we even planned. You told me to love my self first but I always end up loving and thinking others before me. I still don't know how to take good care of myself.

I'm sorry.



I'm sorry for not keeping a few of the good people that you have before. Those who you thought will never leave on times when no one can understand you, did not even stay long enough. You end up disappointing those who believed in you. And you realized people will also disappoint you.

You've grown maturely now, to the point that you can now be on your own. You have learned it's okay to say no, it's okay to stop being available, it's okay to leave people, places, and relationships.

You told me to take good care of this little muscle beating inside my chest, but I failed to do so. I've been in too many aches and pains at this present which made me think to just disappear out in thin air. Blending into the world I choose to live now is quite depressing. And the longer I stayed, the more I realized I shouldn't.



As of this moment, the balance seems so out of reach. But you'll be glad because even if how tiring the situations were, I choose to continue and keep on going. That positive feeling, that glimmer of hope is still here in the midst of sadness and confusion.

I know you always trust people easily, but things have changed this time. You are beginning to trust more on yourself and Who you believed in. Alone has become your friend. But you still have those beautiful people who always remind you that you were never facing those giants alone.

My dear past self, I am happy because you've stepped out of the borders and smashed those walls. I am beginning to see more on realities of life, on people, on situations that keep us alive. Thank you for trusting me to become better.

I owe you a lot.

Much love and respect,
The New You





All Rights Reserved
MALIPAYONG JOSEFINA
@happyemzey
(follow on facebook, twitter and instagram)






To God be all the glory and praise.



Comments