I’ve Been Waiting For This Hike To Happen


And finally, it did.




No matter how many mountains we’ve conquered and challenging trails we’ve overcome, the best memories we will always cherish are from hikes we’ve done with our dearest beloveds.

One of the lessons I learned in planning to go on an adventure with friends is not to expect anything. Because most of the time, it will only end up as an upsetting sketch of faces excited to go on a trip. Alternatively, sometimes disappointing drawings of the places you wanted to explore. (Haha drawing pa more) I’m glad this was a spontaneous trip that was unclearly planned a day before the hike.

This article, like any good story, was a perfect turning point. Also, Davey’s idea of wanting to go for a hike is ideally in time for my yearning.

Maybe these friends of mine are in search of another adventure or thrill. I’ve been waiting for this all my life to happen. The bond, to be with them (some of my favourites) on the mountain trail, establish another strong foundation of friendship and create happy memories – all at the same time while doing the thing I am also passionate. 

South Three, I’ll never forget you.
. . .

This hike taught me so much on designing and creating happiness.


Finding Joy in Waiting


Selfie muna before hangak happens.
Meeting time was 8:00 a.m., my sister and I arrived two hours late. I am grateful for these people because since some of us came super-late, they still managed to show up their smiles and laughter upon our arrival. They know how to have fun on moments of delays and intervals. No agitations on their faces. I salute you for that.


Friends, the right people won’t mind waiting patiently. Whatever trail that is. Let this be a reminder to all.
Cheers In The Midst Of Fears

Gunit kay sakit baya ug wai mo sawo eg ma fall.

The road from Ocaña to Calangyawon is rocky and bumpy. Most of us rode the habal-habal by three, plus the driver. So as you can see in the picture above, one must ride in front of the driver so all can fit in. It's quite terrifying at the same time seeing how risky it is.

Imagine the struggle of riding on a rocky and steep road. Even with both hands holding unto whatever we can keep our grip on, the experience still scared the coolness out of us. 
However, in the middle of it all, we found ourselves enjoying and laughing out the concern of a possible painful fall because we know who we trust.


Tired But Smiling



Okay. Since this is not a walk in the park, we found ourselves catching our breaths after an hour and more serious hiking. The heat never bothered us.

The reason why we can still manage to put up the curve on our faces, it's because for all those moments - nothing else really mattered. We don't have to put too much attention on how we look or what others would think. We are pressing the reset button of our intellects. Moreover, that day, we heard our emotions thanking us - for giving it the pause it needs.


Even if we're worn out and exhausted, seeing the smiles on each other's faces gives us the strength to continue moving forward. 



Thank you for you guys finally leapt and decided to journey with me. Being here in this scenic wilderness with you, being away from the hustles and bustles of life for a day, and being surrounded by the calmness of nature, is indeed a blessing I am forever grateful.


Soul's Delight






This thought is undeniably essential - I feel safe when I'm with you. Wherever we go, every time I am with you, a sense of security slowly builds up. I know that you are well guided when unusual circumstances arise. This hike was also a success because you know how to choose and follow trails.
It is perfectly safe to rely on each one of you.  I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this, but I saw each one of us in high spirits while we were on this journey together. 
We were on our selves back on that lonely tree. We were so happy joking around. Everyone's doing their own thing, carefree but never cared less on each other. Lunch under the shade of the tree - I know our tummies are not the only ones full but also our hearts as well.



On Cloud Nine






When we were on our way going to the peak, I was a bit worried about what you will feel. The view might fail your expectations. However, I found relief when I heard you in awe of what you just witnessed.

I am happy to share the picturesque view from the top with you finally. I am so glad to know that you also realize why it is all worth the effort to get there. It is that much, and it's pretty impressive.


Genuine Happiness




It's pure bliss. We were able to talk and laugh along the trails. I'm impressed that you were able to keep pace with everyone else. The path we decided to take was a bit achier than what we expect. We all came back tired, but happy.

I am glad we were all able to reflect on the gorgeousness offered by the mountains. Moreover, I am pleased and in full content that it brought us all a sense of fulfilment.


Dearest South Three, to me hiking mountains makes much more sense and brings me more joy when I'm doing and sharing it with you.
So, where's next? That, I don't want to plan. Let's see where our Master Planner will take us.


More pictures at http://bit.ly/2Ljcenq

Watch this adventure on http://bit.ly/2Jxg4al




All Rights Reserved
MALIPAYONG JOSEFINA
@happyemzey
(follow on facebook, twitter and instagram)






To God be all the glory and praise.

Comments