"Mowbow" Will Battle Nature's Grief, I Hope

Birds are chirping, butterflies in my sight, more than enough water consumption, greener surroundings, unpolluted oceans and streams, tons of optimism - I wish to always wake up on Sunday mornings like this! Though the air is still fresh around here, I suppose. But since my family recently moved to a part of the town where water is insufficient, it's quite disturbing and unsettling sometimes. And it changed my perspective.


(DISCLAIMER: This is not a paid blog nor a partisan political article. It's not what you think. So, shut it off. I'm just doing what I usually do - writing my heart out. My friend, enjoy reading.)




I've read articles on the web about the world's present climate change where the problem in its full scope is the highlight. I have also heard sentiments and queries on water distribution, and it's still unresolved up until now. And after a month of experiencing the shortage myself, I woke up one morning realizing that the environment is facing a dire and terrible situation.

This situation is no longer a far-off issue. This Pandora's box is now open, and only a few have noticed that it's now challenging to lock it back shut.

I don't know if you've observed the string of catastrophic events over the passing years. But it left a mark in me which made me wonder, what's happening on our planet now? My perspective on the new environmental condition has resurfaced. We can't deny that today's advancement in business and industry has polluted and contributed a lot to more warming.






With the town's increasing population and the growing number of tourists going in and out, I can't help to notice the survival of the area's marine life, including the ecosystem's essentials - where lives of thousands of people depend. I saw my beloved town, "Mowbow", now giving in to vulnerability and ecological imbalance.

There's something I must do than watch.

And to life's surprise recently, I crossed a path with this non-political group of concerned citizens of "Mowbow", and their genuine intention is to help heal the wounds of this town. Their focus is to plant more trees as early as possible. I'm glad I became one of the volunteers. It felt like this little contribution brings more meaning to my life's purpose.

On the day of the tree growing activity, it's incredible to see volunteers of different age groups who actively participated in this "alleviating of nature's wounds" event. What could have been more natural than planting bamboos?




What we did on that day may be a small act in the larger scheme of things, but all these "little" when done simultaneously, would sum up to a greater good soon. With proper nurture and care, the next generations to come will reap what we now sow. And they will surely thank us for it.

I believe I am exactly at the right place at the right time with the right people. I can feel the divine intervention as they organize a tree growing activity like this - starting from orienting the volunteers up to motivating and passing on the group's mission. Their compassion and enthusiasm are contagious. I am hoping that the number of volunteers will not only double but grow until everyone in "Mowbow" will support and lend a hand.



I am in full hope that by doing something today that can benefit entirely the town's people of tomorrow, planting trees to be sure, will help put the place back on track of carbon-neutral and water's abundance.

We've got a long way to go because of the size of this task. Supposedly, the best time to plant more and more trees was 25 years ago. And the second-best time was ten years earlier. How about we create the third and last best time, and let's do it now? Like n-o-w.

It's not yet too late.

Planting trees and other environmental advocacy don't have to be all government-funded/directed. As long as there are helping hands and compassionate hearts out there, mending the town we grew up with will never be a problem. The task is not that easy, but it would be all worthy of the sacrifices.

Maybe some people think that this is not the most exceptional solution. But it can do something than doing nothing. And besides, the aim is for the greater good of civilization. If this doesn't make sense, I don't know what else will.



Sometimes, the best response to what our natural environment is facing doesn't have to be all grand. Maybe what this planet needs now is as simple as planting a seed - of hope for ourselves, hope for the next generations to come.

Fellow citizens of Mowbowsville do not be a Mojo when you can be a Powerpuff. Volunteer with me.



All Rights Reserved
MALIPAYONG JOSEFINA
@happyemzey
(follow on facebook, twitter, and instagram)






To God be all the glory and praise.

Comments